Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mommy, does Heaven have a slide?

Since we have a precious angel in Heaven, our niece Vera, Heaven is a hot topic in our house. We strive for it, long for it, imagine what's going to be there, & mostly wonder about it (lots of questions).

Almost never do my husband or I bring up the topic, it's always Ava or our nephew Jaxson when he's here. I absolutely love the heart of a child, the topic of Heaven included. They always inquire with happy hearts & are excited to get to Heaven. One day while Jax was here & we were all sitting down to lunch Ava asked
"Mommy, does Heaven have a slide?"
Me: "I would think it does. Heaven has all kinds of fun stuff!"

Just yesterday Ava asked "Mommy, how do you get to go to Heaven?". There it was, the ultimate question as a Christian parent I've been waiting for.
Me: "All you have to do is follow Jesus."
Ava: "We do that! I love Jesus!"
Me: "Yes you do."
Ava: "Well sometimes we do bad stuff. And you get mad at us and put us in the corner."
Me: "Yes, sometimes I need to discipline you so that it teaches you the right thing to do because I love you."
Ava: "Well dults (adults) don't get in trouble."
Me: "Actually, adults need to be disciplined too because even adults are sinners. God disciplines adults but He loves us so he disciplines with love just like mommy & daddy do for you and your brothers."
Ava: "Yeah. I bet Vera's going down that big huge slide in Heaven. I can't wait to go down it!"

I just love her heart:)I told her she will be very old when she gets to go to Heaven & that concerns her because "old people don't go down slides". I explained that even old people go down the Heavenly slide:)

Happy Sunday ya'll:)
Go down a slide with your kids or grand kids today to get a small taste of what  Heaven is going to be like:)
Love,
Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment