Wednesday, February 5, 2014

21 Day Facebook Fast

Yep, sooooooo, I'm fasting from Facebook.....doooododo....mmmm....(twiddling fingers). What to do, what to do. I know! Write some blog posts! No but seriously, it's been a super awesome experience. So here's the deal, our church, Lancaster Community Church (LCC) is going through some super amazing, totally awesome, life (er, church) changing changes and our pastor Matthew Johnson asked us to join him in praying for these changes and fasting from something we "like". I knew for me it had to be Facebook. God doesn't call us to be something because it's easy and He definitely doesn't call us to something to just be mediocre! So I knew 2 things: 1. this was probably going to be difficult for me 2. God's going to do something AWESOME! My relationship with Facebook prior to the fast was....well....time consuming. I would spend a lot of time reading & liking posts when I could be doing other important things. Don't get me wrong, I super love keeping up-to-date with all of my friends and even people that I don't get to see often. I think Facebook is a great tool to stay connected with people. But just like any good thing, some of us (eh em, me) can just get too engrossed. I will be back ..... but it won't be as many times a day:)


I know ya'll are just dying to know what I've been doing in the whole week and a half since the fast began so I'll give you an update. The first couple of days I mainly complained and was super negative about not being able to get on Facebook and interact with others. I know, doesn't sound like a Godly woman but it's true. I was not pumped about it. Being a stay-at-home-mom I wanted to interact with other adults. And let me just tell you, good friends who are also fasting from things and even from Facebook as well really help!!! I still have a hard time occasionally.....I'll touch the app to bring it up (and sometimes it's out of habit) then hurry up and press the "home" button. And I really have learned a lot from this experience. I pray. Every time I think I need to get on there for an "outlet" and  god gave me this verse during the first couple days so I have been going back to it often:

'I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or  empty, with plenty or little.' Philippians 4:11-12

Ava has said soooooo many hilarious things since I've been absent! Cash is saying a lot of things and his personality is really showing! And Graham starts school soon! I'll be back before that happens though so I'll be able to post pictures:) So in the meantime we are doing all sorts of fun stuff, sewing, and a lot of reading. I'm beginning to wonder how I had time for Facebook before......:)

Praying for ya'll!
Abbey

P.S. Email me.....I love hearing about your day or anything else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment