Thursday, May 10, 2012

Homemade Makeup Remover

Mother's Day is just a few days away so I'll tell you what I did for gifts..I made the homemade laundry detergent for my mom & mother-in-law....I already gave it to them so no worries of them finding out. But it would be a great idea to put together like a 'homemade basket' of things you've made as a gift: laundry detergent (nothing better than a years supply!), makeup remover, wipes, bread, jam. I'm going to try my hand at jam next & I found a recipe for homemade candles but I don't have all the supplies for that yet:) I have searched for makeup remover that isn't greasy but effective. This is it! And the beauty of it all, it's the exact same ingredients as the baby wipes!:) I got this recipe from www.kristanlynn.com




Supplies:
1 C water
1 1/2 Tbsp. baby shampoo (tear free)
1/8 tsp. baby oil

Combine all ingredients & try!:) I got the colored bottles on the left at Walmart for like almost $2 in the travel section, then I went to Hobby Lobby & in their 'sand art' section for kids they had the clear bottles on the right for $.77! The colored bottles do have a flip open lid though so that is one benefit but for that price difference I don't care to take the lid off each use. I also had the Cucumber Melon baby unopened from my baby shower with Ava!:) It smells great! With this recipe, I filled up the two colored bottles & half of a clear one.

2 comments:

  1. thats cool im goiong to try it i would like to have the recipe for laundy detergent

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get that on here too! It's under 'Homemade Laundry Detergent'.

    ReplyDelete