Monday, April 30, 2012

Homemade Febreeze

I think I have a serious obsession with Febreeze.... I'm serious. I love for my house to smell good! I'm constantly fighting the diaper champ stench & the wet bag with the cloth diapers in it! Ugh!! Also, what is the mysterious smell coming from the bathroom occasionally?! I also have an obsession with apple smelling candles but that's another post (I WILL figure out how to make my own apple scented candles so I quit spending so much money on candles!:) But I digress.

I use bottle after bottle of this stuff! It smells sooooo good!! I found this recipe at www.fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com




Supplies:
1/8 cup of your favorite fabric softner
2 Tbls. baking soda
Hot tap water to fill bottle to top
32oz. empty Febreeze bottle or spray bottle

Mix baking soda & fabric softner in bottle, then fill to the top with hot tap water. Shake & you're ready!! When I'm at the dollar store, I just grab 2-3 spray bottles so keep on hand in case I find a recipe for something else:) So you could use one of those instead of an old Febreeze bottle. Also note: the Snuggle bottle you see in the picture contains homemade fabric softner:)
****You'll want to test on a small area of the fabric or item that you're going to spray where it's not visible before you spray the entire thing.
****Shake before each use:)

No comments:

Post a Comment