Monday, April 23, 2012

Homemade fabric softner

Ok, today is Monday....in every way! Why are Mondays so jammed packed full of just stuff?! My other question... how does laundry multiply?!! I promise I was caught up & then I turn around & there's 2 laundry baskets full to fold! How did that happen?! Oh well, I'll fold & eat my cheese popcorn while the kids are napping:) Anywho, here's the recipe for the fabric softner. I will once again refer you to the wonderful ladies of The Savvy Savers. They also gave me this recipe. www.thesavvysavers.net

This recipe takes 3 ingredients!! Woo-hoo!! So I'm normally a Snuggle user...it's so hard to get away from it because it smells soooooo good but this does too!! I'll admit it's not as fragrant as Snuggle but when I tell you how much it costs it won't matter! You'll be like Snuggle who?



Supplies:
6 cups water
3 cups of vinegar (white distilled)
2 cups of hair conditioner

Mix into a 1 gallon container & stir but don't shake it. You'll use an entire bottle of the Suave container.  Use it like you would your regular fabric softner! That's it! What I did was kept my old Snuggle containers & just pour it into those so I can just measure with the lid from that. You'll want to get a plastic pitcher to stir it in (I've seen these so cheap right now at Dollar Stores) & not all of it will fit in the container so just store it in that until you have room in the bottle. How much does this cost you might ask?? I got the conditioner for $.94 at Kroger & I always keep a HUGE jug of vinegar on hand because you can use it for anything & that was $2 at the Dollar Store! And that right there is exactly why I make my own instead of buying Snuggle:)

1 comment:

  1. I am AMAZED by all this.

    I'm sold. I'm not buying detergent or softner again.

    Wow.

    LOOOOVE this. Katie :)

    ReplyDelete