Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homemade baby wipes

When my daughter was born, I only used Huggies diapers & Huggies wipes. Even at that time I tore every single wipe in half to help save (she had a small little tush & really you don't need that huge wipe!) I thought she had to have name brand everything! Then I got pregnant with our son & quickly realized there are great alternatives that are exactly like name brand stuff! We started using store brand diapers (there are certain ones I cannot stand but I'll go over that in another post:)  but still used Huggies wipes. Then, in December, I started staying home with the kids & looked for ways to save even more money & found this recipe! I think they work perfectly...especially when you really think about what you're wiping with them & then just throwing away! haha It's like you're wiping poo with money & throwing it in the trash! So why not make your own?


Ingredients
Viva papertowels
2 cups of boiled water at room temp.
2 Tbls. baby wash
1 Tbls. baby oil


Boil the water then let it sit til it gets to room temperature. While that's cooling cut the papertowel roll in half, then take the cardboard roll out of the middle. You could us a really sharp serrated knife but mine wasn't really sharp so I used a hack saw! ha! Mix the water, baby wash & oil in a tupperware container with a tight lid. Place the half roll of papertowel with the cardboard roll taken out in the liquid mixture & let it absorb. Once it's all soaked up, put the lid on the container & turn it over & let sit for about 10 minutes until all the liquid has gone through the roll. Finished!! Pull the center out & you have a continuous baby wipe container:) Make sure to get Viva brand... they are softer & more like regular wipes. If you want to use reusable wipes, use the same ingredients & just cut up a material of your choice... jersey, fleece, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment